Over the past 40 years, Ensemble Real Estate Investments (Ensemble) has successfully invested and developed over $2 billion in real estate across the United States, offering state-of-the-art property solutions in the healthcare, hospitality, commercial, and urban multi-family and mixed-use sectors.
In January 2020, Ensemble opened its Philadelphia office, which will support Ensemble’s East Coast growth, particularly at the Navy Yard where Ensemble has already invested $360 million. The company’s 14 Navy Yard properties boast a collective 1.3 million square feet and 45 acres, and include hotels, mixed-use developments, and life science facilities for leading-edge companies like Iovance Biotherapeutics, Adaptimmune, and WuXi Advanced Therapies. Mosaic was established in 2008 with the intention to help revitalize neighborhoods and marginalized communities develops small and large-scale commercial and mixed-use real estate, largely in urban corridors. Mosaic focuses on Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, New York, Maryland and Washington, DC.
Ensemble, and its joint venture partner Mosaic Development Partners, have been selected to lead the next phase of development at the Navy Yard which will further establish the campus as a world-class business, manufacturing, R&D, and life sciences hub, and will include the creation of a vibrant residential district inclusive of retail and makerspace resulting in a true mixed-use district and envisions up to $2.6 billion of new investment
To learn more about Ensemble and Mosaic, visit https://ensemble.net/ and https://www.mosaicdp.com/
We have an immediate need for a Vice President, Development & Construction in the Philadelphia office. The Vice President, Development & Construction will perform duties on behalf of, and have responsibility to, the Ensemble/Mosaic joint venture. The position will be focused on mixed-use development projects in Philadelphia Navy Yard including multi-family with retail, life science, office, and hotel projects as well as involvement in the team’s master planning effort. The Vice President, Development & Construction will oversee project conceptualization, design, entitlement, and construction management efforts and as such will manage multiple, deadline-oriented tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities
Assist in the selection of high quality and diverse consultant and construction teams and lead the negotiation and contracting efforts.
Prepare and maintain proformas, budgets for development projects including compilation and acquisition of all related bid packages.
- Work with Ensemble and Mosaic executives and design teams to conceptualize high quality projects within established budgets that meet market demands and incorporate forward-thinking, cutting edge ideas.
- Oversee project contracts with project consultants and general contractors.
- Supervises architects, owner’s representatives, and general contractors in all construction projects to which they are assigned.
- Supervisory responsibilities as the team grows and will be expected to manage a team of Project Mangers.
- Implements and oversees the joint venture’s Economic Opportunity Plan for each project.
- Assists in creating and working with accounting to track project budgets with responsibility for assuring projects are within budget.
- Ensure that work being performed is being utilizing sustainability/high performance building materials and guidelines, as applicable.
- Responsible for adhering to all owner and lender requirements including coordinating with accounting for necessary documentation for draw requests.
- Assists in hiring an internal project management team or engage third party project management personnel as needed.
- Coordinates and attends construction meetings attended by owners, contractors and architects.
- Provides direction and approval for problem resolution.
- Reviews and makes recommendations and approvals for changes orders.
- Reviews and approves payment of invoices and payment applications from architects, contractors and consultants.
- Understands and utilizes all filing protocol and procedures (electronic and hard-copy)
- Works with zoning/land use attorneys and Leads permits and approvals process for all projects
- Coordinates and leads community, key constituent and elected official updates, briefings and associated meetings such as Community meetings, civic Design Review, and City/Agency briefings.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret construction drawings
- Exercises superb attention to detail and construction schedules
- Demonstrate organizational and clerical skills including basic math calculations and records maintenance
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, telephone) with the ability to compose, proofread, spell check, and edit correspondence
- Ability to listen to and accurately interpret instructions
- Must be a team player with the ability to adjust to changing situations, priorities, and ever-changing technology
- Excellent working knowledge of the Internet, Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project
- Knowledge of Yardi Accounting Software is preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
Education and Professional Requirements
- College Degree is required; Degree in Engineering, Real Estate, Architecture, or Construction Management is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of commercial project management, construction and/or development experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in developing and managing budgets
Salary dependent upon experience, plus benefits including medical, long term disability, life insurance, and 401K.
Please apply using this link.