Over the past 40 years, Ensemble Real Estate Investments (Ensemble) has successfully invested and developed over $2 billion in real estate across the United States, offering state-of-the-art property solutions in the healthcare, hospitality, commercial, and urban multi-family and mixed-use sectors. In January 2020, Ensemble opened its Ensemble East office in Philadelphia, which will support Ensemble’s East Coast growth, particularly at the Navy Yard where Ensemble has already invested $360 million. The company’s 14 Navy Yard properties boast a collective 1.3 million square feet and 45 acres, and include hotels, mixed-use developments, and life science facilities for leading-edge companies like Iovance Biotherapeutics, Adaptimmune, and WuXi Advanced Therapies.
Mosaic was established in 2008 with the intention to help revitalize neighborhoods and marginalized communities develops small and large-scale commercial and mixed-use real estate, largely in urban corridors. Mosaic focuses on Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, New York, Maryland and Washington, DC. Ensemble, and its joint venture partner Mosaic Development Partners, have been selected to lead the next phase of development at the Navy Yard which will further establish the campus as a world-class business, manufacturing, R&D, and life sciences hub, and will include the creation of a vibrant residential district inclusive of retail and makerspace resulting in a true mixed-use district and envisions up to $2.6 billion of new investment. To learn more about Ensemble and Mosaic, visit https://ensemble.net/ and https://www.mosaicdp.com/.
Ensemble and Mosaic formed a Joint Venture partnership to develop a substantial portion of the Navy Yard as a mixed-use development project.
Ensemble/Mosaic has an immediate need for a Senior Project Manager in the Philadelphia office reporting directly to the Vice President of Development & Construction who oversees all of development and construction at the Navy Yard. The Senior Project Manager will perform duties on behalf of, and have responsibility to, the Ensemble/Mosaic joint venture. The position is focused on executing mixed-use development projects in the Philadelphia Navy Yard with an initial particular focus on the Chapel Block Development which is comprised of 611 residential units ranging from luxury to affordable, various amenity spaces and 25,000 sf of ground floor retail space across two buildings and a public plaza. The Development will include the North Building, a luxury 265 unit Ave by Korman with approximately 100 furnished units and the South Building, a 346 mixed-income building with 254 market-rate units and 92 unit affordable units. The South building will utilize modular construction typology over a steel structured podium for a portion of the building with the reminder of the units utilizing traditional wood frame construction over a steel structured podium. The project is fully entitled and targeting a September 2022 construction commencement.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the management and execution of specific investment objectives of the company’s new build development and future adaptive reuse projects and is expected to take a leadership role in managing the design, budgeting, contracting, and construction process including consultants, contractors and other vendors. A self-starter, but able to function effectively as part of a team the Senior Project Manager will work directly with the VP of Development & Construction, as well as the company Principals and Managing Directors, on decision support and project execution and schedule.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Work with Ensemble and Mosaic executives and design teams to conceptualize high quality projects within established budgets that meet market demands and incorporate forward-thinking, cutting edge ideas.
- Assist in the selection of high quality and diverse consultant and construction teams and lead the negotiation and contracting efforts.
- Management of Design Professional teams of Architects, Engineers, Consultants, and Contractors.
- Prepare, solicit and evaluate construction bid packages or GMP agreements.
- Evaluate and manage construction budgets, general conditions costs and subcontractor scopes of work and logistics plans
- Design and Construction Contract negotiations
- Owner’s Representation during construction
- Implements and oversees the joint venture’s Economic Opportunity Plan for each project.
- Attendance at all Owner, Architect, Contractor construction meetings for assigned project
- Assists in creating and working with accounting to track project budgets with responsibility for assuring projects are within budget.
- Responsible for adhering to all owner and lender requirements including coordinating with accounting for necessary documentation for draw requests.
- Change Order evaluation and negotiation
- Provides direction and approval for problem resolution.
- Prepare and manage schedules, budgets, and internal/external reports
- Evaluate and process monthly construction draw requests
- Coordinate and secure required governmental approvals, entitlements, and permits
- Reviews and approves payment of invoices and payment applications from architects, contractors and consultants.
- Understands and utilizes all filing protocol and procedures (electronic and hard-copy)
- Interact with the departments of Finance, Accounting, Asset Management, Property Management, and Marketing
- Ability for minimal travel required
Functional and Technical Requirements/Skills
- Ability to compose, proofread, spell check and edit correspondence.
- Ability to read, understand, analyze and interpret construction drawings and construction schedules.
- Demonstrate organizational and clerical skills including basic math calculations and records maintenance.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (written, oral, telephone).
- Demonstrate ability to listen to and accurately interpret instructions.
- Must be a team player with the ability to adjust to changing situations and priorities.
- Must be able to adapt to ever changing technology.
- Ability to keep one’s self and the project team organized.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Exercises superb attention to detail and construction schedules
- Excellent working knowledge of the Internet, Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project
- Knowledge of Yardi Accounting Software is preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
REQUIRED SKILL LEVELS
- Reading Construction Plans and Specifications: Advanced
- Knowledge of building MEP, controls and technology systems: Advanced
- Working knowledge of LEED and sustainability initiatives: Intermediate
- MS Word: Intermediate (formatting, mail merge, markup, etc.)
- MS Excel: Intermediate (formatting, formulas, etc.)
- MS Outlook: Advanced (contact management, meetings, task functions, etc.)
- MS Project: Intermediate
- Oral & Written Communication: Advanced
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management or related field is required. Master’s Degree preferred.
Minimum seven years in related project management positions.
Salary dependent upon experience, plus a good benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, long and short-term disability, life insurance, and 401K. Apply at: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3078423416
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination by showing your CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card or immediately initiating the vaccination process within 3 days after your starting date. If you have a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, you may apply for an exemption