Ensemble has an immediate need for a Property Manager in Phoenix, Arizona. We are a market leader in healthcare real estate and are looking for a motivated and responsible individual to join our team in a fast-paced, technologically advanced environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
Tenant service requests
- Have working knowledge of company Work Order System, ensuring engineers (and/or vendors, if necessary) are scheduled correctly and are providing prompt, efficient handling of all tenant service requests.
- Coordinate follow-up with tenants to ensure satisfaction with service request results.
- Review work order system reports on a regular basis to evaluate specific building/suite issues, engineer response time and work load.
- Negotiate contracts (utilizing approved vendor contract forms) and monitor outside vendors providing routine and unscheduled services on the property, maintaining competitive pricing and quality work at all times.
- Confirm all active vendors provide current Certificates of Insurance, with appropriate additional insureds listed.
- Maintain awareness of all preventative maintenance required on the property, including HVAC, fire life safety, elevator, roof, security, etc.
- Ensure engineering staff and/or 3rd Party are completing all preventative maintenances and maintain communication and awareness of routine PM inspections and recommended/scheduled repair.
- Physically visit and inspect each property on a routine basis. Review and discuss both positive and deficient findings with engineers, coordinate and schedule any necessary follow up to the inspection, assuring the property will always be maintained and be reflected in a first class manner.
- Maintain a complete Property Information Book for each property in portfolio.
- Maintain Vacant Suites in a presentable condition
- Maintain knowledge and awareness throughout the year of all capital improvements necessary on the property. Adhere to capital expense policies and procedures.
- Organize, implement and oversee special capital improvement projects as approved, when necessary.
Tenant Move-In, Move-Out, TI’s
- Complete Move-In/Move-Out procedures using standard company forms.
- Oversee Tenant Improvements per “Design & Construction” Tenant Improvement Process (with GC’s, Architects, Vendors, etc.), as necessary. Also, oversee correct admin/close out process.
- Prepare all information required for preparation of the annual budgets in a timely fashion in order to maintain the schedule for production (including requesting/reviewing bids, routine review of operating expenses, etc. – see budget checklist for detail).
- Review monthly financial statements and prepare income/expense variance reports and letters.
- Review and approve all invoices specific to portfolio for processing/payment and budget comparison.
- Review accounts receivable monthly, following tenant collections procedure as outlined in Property Management Manual.
- Meet and visit with tenants routinely to discuss satisfaction with building management and services provided.
- Confirm all tenants provide current Certificates of Insurance, with appropriate additional insureds listed.
- Prepare routinely scheduled Newsletter for each building in the portfolio.
- Oversee organization of tenant appreciation events.
- Oversee ordering and distribution of tenant holiday gifts.
- Monitor and follow up on annual tenant survey responses.
- Supervise on-site management employees in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws, including administrative, engineering, parking/security and day porter staff.
- Interview, hire, and train employees with approval from supervisors/ownership; plan, assign and direct work; appraise performances; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve problems.
- Work with staff on an ongoing basis to ensure not only cross training at other sites, if applicable, but to improve performance, enhance knowledge base and encourage staff growth.
- Meet with staff on a weekly basis for general discussion of any issues, suggestions, ideas, recommendations, etc. to assist in maintaining a positive, results oriented staff.
- On Call Emergencies – provide 24/7 availability for all staff on call to assure all issues are handled quickly, effectively and review emergency calls to confirm response time and if possible, any resolve that can avoid the issue in the future.
- Approve and authorize any overtime needed on portfolio.
- Responsible for satellite office’s petty cash, reconcile monthly.
- Coordinate monthly on-call building engineer schedule.
- Analyze, code and approve all invoices associated with properties.
- Administer rental agreements for assigned covered parking, attend to parking issues and concerns, and monitor financial reports to ensure parking billing accuracy.
- Fulfill other duties and special projects as assigned by management.
Knowledge of Yardi Accounting Software is helpful. Provides leadership and direction to the portfolio staff including engineers and administrative support. Mentors, guides, and coaches to help expand capabilities and build management depth within the division. Act as the chief spokesman for the division in communication with tenants, professional associations, suppliers, governmental agencies, and professional societies. Valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance required. High School Diploma or equivalency and Real Estate Salesperson license also required.
Required Skill Level
- MS Word: Advanced (formatting, mail merge, markup, etc.)
- MS Excel: Advanced (functions), Intermediate (formatting)
- MS Outlook: Advanced (contact management, meetings, task functions, etc.)
- Grammar & Written Communication: Advanced
- Verbal Communication: Advanced
- Windows XP: Basic
- Handheld Device/Cell phone: Basic (place and receive calls, etc.)
- Work order system – Intermediate (acknowledge through completion, etc.)
Click here to apply