Excellent opportunity for a proven leader looking for a quality, team-oriented, profitable property.
Located adjacent to the Mesa Convention Center, the newly renovated Delta Hotels by Marriott Phoenix Mesa is ideal for business travelers and groups alike with brand new guestrooms, lobby and common areas including two dining/bar areas. The property includes 274 guest rooms, including an Executive Level floor, and a total of 45,000 square feet of flexible meeting space with 26 breakout rooms and is located in the heart of the Phoenix East Valley, close to ASU, and 12 miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
The General Manager reports directly to Corporate Vice President of Operations and is responsible for continually focusing on achieving hotel profitability through revenue generation, cost control, guest satisfaction and developing employees, while maintaining the integrity of the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct oversight and management of all hotel managers
- Ensures compliance with management company and franchise standards for personnel administration and performance, service to patrons, and room rates
- Delivers outstanding guest service and financial performance
- Delegates authority and assigns responsibility to all employees; supervises work activities of all employees
- Ensure staff receives proper training for each position, including safety training and standard operating procedures
- Allocates funds, authorizes expenditures, and assists departmental managers in budget planning
- Monitors cost controls for each department on a regular basis
- Inspects guests’ rooms, public access areas, and outside grounds for cleanliness and appearance
- Answers patrons’ complaints and resolves problems to maintain Guest Satisfaction
- Handles and resolves employee issues
- Conducts annual wage scale surveys and ensures employee wages follow wage and salary guidelines
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures
- Ensures bank deposits are made daily, including weekends and holidays
- Ensures employee paperwork, work schedules and payroll are completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Audits daily reports and processes monthly reports
- Order supplies and equipment as needed and in accordance with company procedures
- Must be in close proximity so available to manage hotel situations/emergencies
- Prior experience as a hotel General Manager is required.
- Ideal candidate will have a sound background in sales, operations, yield management, financial reporting and delegation.
- Highly energetic and motivated individual
- Must have strong leadership skills
- Associate degree or higher level of education preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer/client focus essential
- Self-Starter with ability to work independently and as a team
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities
- Results driven focus and ability to work through to completion in a timely manner
- Adaptable to change
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include, but not limited to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- High level of flexibility regarding overtime during times busy periods as required by the business
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Ensemble Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.