Ensemble Investments is a highly flexible and entrepreneurial commercial real estate investment firm that specializes in the investment, development and management of hotel, multi-family, office, life-science and healthcare assets. Ensemble has a proven track record of investing with a variety of capital partners including institutional partners along with other high net worth private capital sources. Ensemble has tripled its AUM over the last 5 years and continues to expand rapidly with an active pipeline in excess of $3 billion.
Ensemble is looking to hire a highly motivated Real Estate Investment Associate with strong analytical and written communication skills to hold an integral role within the Firm’s investments team. The Real Estate Investment Associate will be responsible for steering the investment and predevelopment process, which will include underwriting and analyzing the viability of potential investments and presenting recommendations to the Company’s Investment Committee, along with assisting the entitlement and development efforts of the broader team. The Real Estate Investment Associate will play a key role within the investments group, working intimately with company principals and other project team members to facilitate and manage interdepartmental collaboration. In addition to serving as the financial lead, a successful candidate will be comfortable serving as a primary point of contact and manager within the broader project team. The Real Estate Investment Associate will have exceptional opportunities for professional growth and career advancement as Ensemble grows its portfolio and builds out its pipeline.
- Underwrite acquisition, investment, and development opportunities using Microsoft Excel and Argus Software. Analysis to include cash flow forecasting, asset valuations, investment return analyses (IRRs, cap rate, sensitivity tables, discounted cash flows, etc.) and complex capital structures.
- Prepare narrative deal summaries and capital memoranda for presentation to senior leadership and capital partners.
- Market research including market rents, sales comps, supply pipelines, macro and micro economic trends, etc. through independent field work, online data sources and direct contact with brokers, appraisers and developers.
- Review and analyze legal agreements including leases, LOIs, purchase and sale contracts and loan documents.
- Monitor asset performance and perform ad hoc analysis on existing portfolio as required.
- Assist in special projects with other Ensemble departments as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from top university with a degree in finance, accounting, economics, real estate, or business.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in financial analysis required. Real estate development and underwriting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of financial concepts such as NOI, cash flow returns, IRR, present value, capital markets and distribution waterfalls is a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Preference for Real Estate and/or Financial modeling experience.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects at once.
- Acute attention to detail and ability to function under tight time frames.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Strong sense of personal motivation and responsibility.
Salary and position dependent upon candidate’s level of experience and relative proficiency working in a leadership capacity. Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, Long Term Disability, life insurance, 401K and Associate discounts at participating properties.
Please apply using this link.