Ensemble is looking for a seasoned Executive Director, Property Management to evolve and enhance the day-to-day operations of our Property Management Department. This position is responsible for the staffing and supervision of all property management personnel and will act as an intermediary between the PM department and other Ensemble internal departments, external clients and asset managers. In the supervision of the property management staff, they are responsible for directing and coaching the staff to ensure best industry practices are being implemented. The EDPM is a member of the management team of Ensemble responsible for the performance of teams located in Arizona, California, Nevada Pennsylvania.
Ensemble’s current portfolio under management consists of approximately 2,500,000 rsf and growing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Team building and coaching site teams to guide in the development and training of property managers, tenant service coordinators, assistants and maintenance staff including regulations; tenant/resident retention practices; reporting; and best industry practices for operating procedures such as rent collections, evictions, accounting, maintenance, and purchasing.
- Visit sites on a regular basis to mentor property managers and monitor ongoing issues at the properties. (Tenant Visits)
- Write and present status reports to the leadership team.
- Identify strengths and challenges in each team in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness and foster a professional culture of site offices where staff can accomplish goals and feel good about their contributions.
- Ensure that teams comply with current applicable landlord-tenant law.
- Review monthly property summaries including variance reports on income statements, vacancies, accounts receivable.
- Support the property managers in their efforts to manage operating expenses and major delinquency problems.
- Work closely with accounting to ensure all reporting is done on a timely basis.
- Involved in the reforecast and budget process, ensuring timelines are met and accuracy and standardization in reporting.
- Work with site staff to address resident/tenant complaints.
- Define and coordinate roles and responsibilities between tenant service coordinators and property managers.
- In our operating model the property management department is responsible for tenant improvements, and as such, the job duties include supervising the PM personnel as they oversee tenant and building improvement process.
- Hire, fire, train, prepare performance reviews of other PM department employees.
- Create, refine and implement operational policies and procedures.
- Responsible for departmental profitability.
- Maintains a constructive and highly interactive relationship with the other departments including but not limited to:
- Asset Management
- Leasing & Marketing
- Risk Management on insurance, crisis preparedness and crisis avoidance matters
- Legal on employment and other legal matters at the property level
- Accounting on budgeting, monthly and annual reporting, reforecasts, etc.
- Human Resources on employment-related issues
- Maintains client relations and address any issues with our owner/asset managers.
- Multiple years’ experience supervising site teams of properties.
- Minimum of 8-10 years Property Management experience in multi-tenant office properties required. Experience in medical office buildings and residential a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership skills using performance incentives and team-building strategies.
- This position requires strong written, oral and reading communication skills to accurately obtain, interpret and transcribe complex programs at all levels of the organization.
- Strong computer skills and experience with Yardi, MRI, work order management or other industry software applications.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include health, dental, long term disability and life insurance.
- EDPM will be located in our PHX corporate office ideally.
Click Here to Apply