Ensemble Investments is a highly flexible and entrepreneurial commercial real estate investment firm that specializes in the investment, development and management of hotel, multi-family, office, life-science and healthcare assets. Ensemble has a proven track record of investing with a variety of capital partners including institutional partners along with other high net worth private capital sources. Ensemble has tripled its AUM over the last 5 years and continues to expand rapidly with an active pipeline in excess of $3 billion.
Ensemble is looking to hire a highly motivated Director of Building Operations with strong building management skills to hold an integral role at the Firm’s Philadelphia Office. This role will provide the highest possible level of customer service and support to ensure long term tenant occupancy. The primary functions of this position are to oversee and provide effective direction and suggestions for any property maintenance issues, manage and supervise the BOS staff, building systems operations including MEP, HVAC, and contract services and assist Senior Property Mgr./GM with project management for tenant fit out projects.
- Oversee and manage on-site contracted building operations services (BOS) staff in the areas of preventative maintenance, systems management and contractor repairs.
- Coordinate on site shift staffing with third party Account Manager to ensure uninterrupted on-call capability and vacation coverage.
- Proactively and aggressively analyze, identify and oversee the implementation of energy savings initiatives and oversee scheduled energy conservation measures.
- Manage building service contracts adherence to scope of work and standards within budgetary guidelines.
- Implement, document and verify on an on-going basis all building operations policies and procedures including building PM/RM’s, systems and equipment inspections, and all required equipment maintenance programs.
- Ensure all required codes, licenses and certifications are maintained for building operations on an on-going basis to ensure compliance.
- Recommend capital expenditures and building improvement projects to Property Manager for budgeting purposes.
- Maintain comprehensive building operations records.
- Assist in fostering a team atmosphere with both internal and outsourced personnel
- Order inspections, repairs, and supplies and materials within budget parameters and secure approvals for out of budget purchases.
- Make sure all tenant work orders and calls are responded to in a timely manner.
- Assist with project management of tenant fit outs.
- Review plans/drawings for tenant improvement work as needed.
- Coordinate with Development Team and Project Managers
- Provide overall design and construction project support to Development Team as needed.
- Evaluate project issues and design solutions.
- Assist with project turn over from construction to property management
- Assign the timely closeout of post turnover corrections, adds and modifications to the property Chief Engineers and follow up to ensure completion
- Coordinate with investment property Chief Engineers / Maintenance Supervisors for inspections of building-critical systems before warranty expiration
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in property or facility management is required
- Skilled at trouble shooting HVAC and building automation systems and strong technical knowledge of building MEP, HVAC and Electrical systems.
- BOMI, LEED, CEM or Green Advantage designations are a plus
- Prior experience in energy conservation & efficiency measures.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Preferably served previously as a Chief Engineer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to work with multiple computer systems and prior experience working with computer software
- Thorough understanding of building systems and maintenance requirements
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and line drawing to plan maintenance and successfully troubleshoot issues
- Ability to be “on call” to respond to building issues after hours.
Salary and position dependent upon candidate’s level of experience and relative proficiency working in a leadership capacity. Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, Long Term Disability, life insurance, 401K and Associate discounts at participating properties.
Please apply using this link.