Development Associate – Long Beach, CA
Ensemble, a leader in development, investment, and management of commercial real estate has an opening for Development Associate to be based in our Long Beach, California, office to lend their talents to our Development Department. We have a great track record of success owing to the talent and dedication of our team members. Current pipeline […]
Ensemble, a leader in development, investment, and management of commercial real estate has an opening for Development Associate to be based in our Long Beach, California, office to lend their talents to our Development Department. We have a great track record of success owing to the talent and dedication of our team members. Current pipeline of active projects includes exciting hotel, multi-family, healthcare and office projects in California, Nevada, Arizona, and Pennsylvania.
Operates as part of the team that is responsible for the management and execution of the specific investment objectives of the company's new build development and renovation projects. Is expected to take a leadership role in managing the pre-development, design and construction process, consultants, and contracts. Works directly with the SVP of Development Services, as well as the company Principals and Managing Directors, on decision support and project execution.
- Management of Design Professional teams of Architects, Engineers, and Consultants
- Design and Construction Contract negotiations
- Owner’s Representation during construction
- Attendance at all Owner, Architect, Contractor construction meetings for assigned project
- Change Order negotiation
- Manage schedules, budgets, and internal/external reports
- Process monthly construction draw requests
- Coordinate required governmental approvals, entitlements, and permits
- Interact with the departments of Finance, Accounting, Asset Management, Property Management, and Marketing
- Ability to travel required
- At least five years of experience in a related field
- Ability to compose, proofread, spell check and edit correspondence.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret construction drawings.
- Ability to read, interpret construction schedules.
- Organizational and clerical skills, including basic math calculations and records maintenance.
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, telephone).
- Ability to listen to and accurately interpret instructions.
- Team player with the ability to adjust to changing situations and priorities.
- Able to adapt to ever changing technology.
- Ability to keep one’s self organized.
Salary dependent upon experience, plus benefits including medical, long term disability, life insurance, and 401K. Please apply using this link.