General Manager – Ensemble Hospitality – Delta Hotel by Marriott, Phoenix Mesa
Excellent opportunity for a proven leader looking for a quality, team-oriented, profitable property. Located adjacent to the Mesa Convention Center, the newly renovated Delta Hotels by Marriott Phoenix Mesa is ideal for business travelers and groups alike with brand new guestrooms, lobby and common areas including two dining/bar areas. The property includes 274 guest […]
Excellent opportunity for a proven leader looking for a quality, team-oriented, profitable property.
Located adjacent to the Mesa Convention Center, the newly renovated Delta Hotels by Marriott Phoenix Mesa is ideal for business travelers and groups alike with brand new guestrooms, lobby and common areas including two dining/bar areas. The property includes 274 guest rooms, including an Executive Level floor, and a total of 45,000 square feet of flexible meeting space with 26 breakout rooms and is located in the heart of the Phoenix East Valley, close to ASU, and 12 miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
The General Manager reports directly to Corporate Vice President of Operations and is responsible for continually focusing on achieving hotel profitability through revenue generation, cost control, guest satisfaction and developing employees, while maintaining the integrity of the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct oversight and management of all hotel managers
- Ensures compliance with management company and franchise standards for personnel administration and performance, service to patrons, and room rates
- Delivers outstanding guest service and financial performance
- Delegates authority and assigns responsibility to all employees; supervises work activities of all employees
- Ensure staff receives proper training for each position, including safety training and standard operating procedures
- Allocates funds, authorizes expenditures, and assists departmental managers in budget planning
- Monitors cost controls for each department on a regular basis
- Inspects guests' rooms, public access areas, and outside grounds for cleanliness and appearance
- Answers patrons' complaints and resolves problems to maintain Guest Satisfaction
- Handles and resolves employee issues
- Conducts annual wage scale surveys and ensures employee wages follow wage and salary guidelines
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures
- Ensures bank deposits are made daily, including weekends and holidays
- Ensures employee paperwork, work schedules and payroll are completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Audits daily reports and processes monthly reports
- Order supplies and equipment as needed and in accordance with company procedures
- Must be in close proximity so available to manage hotel situations/emergencies
- Prior experience as a hotel General Manager is required.
- Ideal candidate will have a sound background in sales, operations, yield management, financial reporting and delegation.
- Highly energetic and motivated individual
- Must have strong leadership skills
- Associate degree or higher level of education preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer/client focus essential
- Self-Starter with ability to work independently and as a team
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities
- Results driven focus and ability to work through to completion in a timely manner
- Adaptable to change
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include, but not limited to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- High level of flexibility regarding overtime during times busy periods as required by the business
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Ensemble Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Lease Administration Contract Writer Contractor, Remote Work
We have an immediate need for a remote Lease Administration Contract Writer who can commit to writing content on an ongoing basis. You must have current or previous work experience in Real Estate documentation creation. All lease assignments are paid on an hourly rate basis depending on your area of expertise and writing quality.
Ensemble is a commercial real estate firm that specializes in investment, development, and management of hotel, multi-family, bio/life science and healthcare properties. We have a proven track record and a successful history of investing with a variety of capital partners including funds, REITs, and private high net worth individuals with target transactions from $25 million to $300 million. Ensemble currently controls a portfolio with a value in excess of $1B with a development pipeline nearing $1.25B.
We have an immediate need for a Lease Administration Contract Writer who can commit to writing content on an ongoing basis. You must have current or previous work experience in Real Estate documentation creation. All lease assignments are paid on an hourly rate basis depending on your area of expertise and writing quality.
- Draft transaction documents including new transactions, amendments, termination agreements, assignments, ad case agreements, storage agreements and letters of intent
- Review previous lease and amendment documentation for any errors to be corrected.
- Communicating with brokerage for accurate deal content
- Regularly interface with banks and other lenders.
- 3+ years of experience in Real Estate transaction document creation
- The ability to work well under pressure while displaying exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- No need to have your hand-held. We provide the information, without a lot of structure, and know that you will create a structured response for any additional information needed from brokerage.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment where workloads are changing and require you to actively clarify needs and prioritize your time accordantly
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Exceptional proof reader
- Ability to work independently
- Remote position
- Demonstrated ability to compose, proofread and edit legal documents and any associated professional correspondence. Adhere to high quality standards in all written and oral communications.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret complex transaction language.
- Demonstrated organizational and clerical skills including basic math calculations and records maintenance.
- Demonstrated communication skills (written, oral, telephone).
- Demonstrated ability to listen to and accurately interpret instructions.
- Self-discipline, critical thinking skills and the ability to self-direct.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Required Skill Levels
- Grammar & Written Communication: Advanced
- Oral Communication: Advanced
- Technology: Intermediate
- MS Word: Intermediate (formatting, mail merge, markup, etc.)
- MS Excel: Basic (functions), Intermediate (formatting and basic formulas)
- MS Outlook: Intermediate to Advanced (contact management, meetings, task functions, etc.)
Education and Professional Requirements
- Valid state real estate license is preferred.
Salary dependent upon experience.