Executive Assistant, Internal Operations Department – Phoenix, AZ
Our Phoenix office is hiring an Executive Assistant who will support an office comprised of executive staff and other clerical staff and manage multiple, deadline-oriented tasks in a fast-paced environment utilizing self-discipline and critical thinking skills.
Over the past 40 years, Ensemble Real Estate Investments (Ensemble) has successfully invested and developed over $2 billion in real estate across the United States, offering state-of-the-art property solutions in the healthcare, hospitality, commercial, and urban multi-family and mixed-use sectors. Ensemble currently has an opening for an Executive Assistant to lend their talents to our Phoenix Corporate office.
This Executive Assistant will support an office comprised of executive staff and other clerical staff and manage multiple, deadline-oriented tasks in a fast-paced environment utilizing self-discipline and critical thinking skills. The position requires the ability to self-direct, and to work both independently and with others in a professional, productive and cooperative manner. In addition, the assistant will exercise superb attention to detail, adhere to high quality standards in all written and oral communications, cooperate fully with instructions from management and maintain familiarity with and follow all company policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will:
- Take pride in work
- Take direction well
- Have humility
- Be reliable in attendance
- Have a savvy business sense
- Have the determination to get the job done and done correctly
- Have the ability to think ahead and navigate surprises
- Work within our environment where no task is too small or beneath anyone and always treat co-workers with respect
- Exhibit professionalism and positivity, while maintaining confidentiality
- Be ready to learn and embrace the ways Ensemble functions as a successful organization
- Assist executives with their needs on a daily basis with tasks such as scheduling, calendar maintenance, incoming mail, phone calls, preparing for meetings, travel arrangements, etc.
- Assist executives with projects
- Create various presentations, proposals, schedules and graphics
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required, to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements
- Assist with maintenance of conference room and other calendars using MS Outlook
- Assist people with operating workroom machines or searches for office supplies
- Scan documents for other executives as needed
- File documents in company electronic file repository
- Understand and utilize all filing protocol and procedures (electronic and hard-copy)
- Minimum of five years of experience as an Executive Assistant
- Experience in commercial real estate construction/development a plus
- Ability to compose, proofread and edit correspondence
- Organizational and clerical skills including basic math calculations and records maintenance
- Good communication skills (written, oral, telephone)
- Ability to listen to and accurately interpret and carry out instructions
- Self-direction and time management skills.
Salary dependent upon experience, plus a good benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, long and short term disability, life insurance, and 401K and Associate discounts at participating properties. Please apply using this link.
Director of Building Operations – Philadelphia, PA
Ensemble is looking to hire a highly motivated Director of Building Operations with strong building management skills to hold an integral role at the Firm’s Philadelphia Office.
Ensemble Investments is a highly flexible and entrepreneurial commercial real estate investment firm that specializes in the investment, development and management of hotel, multi-family, office, life-science and healthcare assets. Ensemble has a proven track record of investing with a variety of capital partners including institutional partners along with other high net worth private capital sources. Ensemble has tripled its AUM over the last 5 years and continues to expand rapidly with an active pipeline in excess of $3 billion.
Ensemble is looking to hire a highly motivated Director of Building Operations with strong building management skills to hold an integral role at the Firm’s Philadelphia Office. This role will provide the highest possible level of customer service and support to ensure long term tenant occupancy. The primary functions of this position are to oversee and provide effective direction and suggestions for any property maintenance issues, manage and supervise the BOS staff, building systems operations including MEP, HVAC, and contract services and assist Senior Property Mgr./GM with project management for tenant fit out projects.
- Oversee and manage on-site contracted building operations services (BOS) staff in the areas of preventative maintenance, systems management and contractor repairs.
- Coordinate on site shift staffing with third party Account Manager to ensure uninterrupted on-call capability and vacation coverage.
- Proactively and aggressively analyze, identify and oversee the implementation of energy savings initiatives and oversee scheduled energy conservation measures.
- Manage building service contracts adherence to scope of work and standards within budgetary guidelines.
- Implement, document and verify on an on-going basis all building operations policies and procedures including building PM/RM’s, systems and equipment inspections, and all required equipment maintenance programs.
- Ensure all required codes, licenses and certifications are maintained for building operations on an on-going basis to ensure compliance.
- Recommend capital expenditures and building improvement projects to Property Manager for budgeting purposes.
- Maintain comprehensive building operations records.
- Assist in fostering a team atmosphere with both internal and outsourced personnel
- Order inspections, repairs, and supplies and materials within budget parameters and secure approvals for out of budget purchases.
- Make sure all tenant work orders and calls are responded to in a timely manner.
- Assist with project management of tenant fit outs.
- Review plans/drawings for tenant improvement work as needed.
- Coordinate with Development Team and Project Managers
- Provide overall design and construction project support to Development Team as needed.
- Evaluate project issues and design solutions.
- Assist with project turn over from construction to property management
- Assign the timely closeout of post turnover corrections, adds and modifications to the property Chief Engineers and follow up to ensure completion
- Coordinate with investment property Chief Engineers / Maintenance Supervisors for inspections of building-critical systems before warranty expiration
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in property or facility management is required
- Skilled at trouble shooting HVAC and building automation systems and strong technical knowledge of building MEP, HVAC and Electrical systems.
- BOMI, LEED, CEM or Green Advantage designations are a plus
- Prior experience in energy conservation & efficiency measures.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Preferably served previously as a Chief Engineer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to work with multiple computer systems and prior experience working with computer software
- Thorough understanding of building systems and maintenance requirements
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and line drawing to plan maintenance and successfully troubleshoot issues
- Ability to be “on call” to respond to building issues after hours.
Salary and position dependent upon candidate’s level of experience and relative proficiency working in a leadership capacity. Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, Long Term Disability, life insurance, 401K and Associate discounts at participating properties.
Director, Leasing & Development – Philadelphia, PA
Our Philadelphia office is hiring for a Director, Leasing & Development to assist with the company’s leasing efforts, sourcing potential investments, determining investment viability and developing recommendations for the Company,
Over the past 40 years, Ensemble Real Estate Investments (Ensemble) has successfully invested and developed over $2 billion in real estate across the United States, offering state-of-the-art property solutions in the healthcare, hospitality, commercial, and urban multi-family and mixed-use sectors.
In January 2020, Ensemble opened its Philadelphia office, which will support Ensemble’s East Coast growth, particularly at the Navy Yard where Ensemble has already invested $360 million. The company’s 14 Navy Yard properties boast a collective 1.3 million square feet and 45 acres, and include hotels, mixed-use developments, and life science facilities for leading-edge companies such as Iovance Biotherapeutics, Adaptimmune, and WuXi Advanced Therapies.
Ensemble, and its joint venture partner Mosaic Development Partners, have been selected to lead the next phase of development at the Navy Yard which will further establish the campus as a world-class business, manufacturing, R&D, and life sciences hub, and will include the creation of a vibrant residential district inclusive of retail and makerspace resulting in a true mixed-use district and envisions up to $2.6 billion of new investment.
The Director, Leasing & Development reports directly to a Senior Vice President (SVP). Responsibilities include assistance in the company’s leasing efforts, assisting in sourcing potential investments, determining investment viability and developing recommendations for the Company, preparing and delivering presentation material, working effectively with project management and financial teams, and working with the Principal in Charge (PIC) of a development with specific duties. The Director will also be tasked with ad hoc analysis and research on an as needed basis.
- Prepare and execute leasing strategy and policies to maximize tenant retention, occupancy rates and rental revenues from existing company assets and new development projects.
- Manage all prospect and tenant pipeline reporting for internal and external use including creating leasing assumptions and leasing forecasting for existing and development properties.
- Oversee the customization and distribution of marketing material for existing and development properties. Collaborate with internal marketing and external marketing firms to develop additional marketing materials as needed.
- Assist in the coordination of construction of tenant interior spaces for both existing and development properties including space planning, construction estimating, etc. Interface with architects, engineers, general contractors and property management to ensure proper coordination.
- Work closely with project architects, engineers, and contractors to create base building and tenant specifications as well as Landlord/Tenant responsibility matrices for development properties.
- Thoroughly understand the financial aspects of a lease proposal to prepare, present and negotiate new leases and renewals at acceptable market rates.
- Establish and maintain positive and professional relationships with the local brokerage and real estate communities, government officials and prospective tenants.
- Establish and maintain a thorough knowledge of the local real estate market, including competitors, relevant construction and operating expense information and share that knowledge with the office.
- Assist in the pursuit of new development projects in the assemblage of the project consultant team, concept drawings and budgeting process to establish a project proforma and lease proposal.
- Act in both a primary and support role for market research, ad hoc analysis and due diligence.
- Prepare presentations in conjunction with the marketing department.
- Assist the SVP and PIC roles through critical task follow up, meeting attendance, and reporting.
- Assist in creating property specific memoranda targeting Equity, Debt and potential disposition opportunities. Process includes developing investment projections as well as detailed narrative write-ups describing the investment opportunity.
- Work with the SVP and PIC in the transformation of future development sites to pad ready sites, including utilities, infrastructure, and all regulatory approvals.
- Assist in special projects with other Ensemble departments as required.
- Understand and implement all filing protocol and procedures.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- At least 2-3 of successful commercial real estate experience in commercial real estate leasing and marketing.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Excellent working knowledge of the Internet and the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Must be able to adapt to ever-changing technology
- Strong knowledge of financial concepts, including internal rate of return, cash-on-cash yield, capitalization rates, net present values, as well as having detailed real estate, economics, and accounting knowledge
- Ability to keep one’s self-organized while utilizing self-discipline, critical thinking skills and the ability to self-direct
- Maintains ability to work both independently and with others in a professional, productive and cooperative manner
- Manage multiple, deadline-oriented tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Exercises superb attention to detail
Salary and position dependent upon candidate’s level of experience and relative proficiency working in a leadership capacity. Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, Long Term Disability, life insurance, 401K and Associate discounts at participating hotel properties.