Director of Hotel Finance – Long Beach, CA
Ensemble, a leader in development, investment, and management of commercial real estate has an opening for a Director of Hotel Finance to be based in our Long Beach, California office to lend their talents to our Hotel Accounting Department.
Ensemble, a leader in development, investment, and management of commercial real estate has an opening for a Director of Hotel Finance to be based in our Long Beach, California office to lend their talents to our Hotel Accounting Department. We have a great track record of success owing to the talent and dedication of our team members. Ideal candidate will have strong experience in multiple hotel accounting, as well as experience formulating processes and controls.
Tasked with overseeing accounting functions at the hotel properties and ensuring accounting practices are compliant, efficient and following standard operating procedures, and reports are on time and accurate. Director will also assist with reporting to ownership groups and consolidating all reporting for the hotel portfolio.
- Compile and analyze monthly and annual hotel financial information to prepare financial statements and reports.
- Ensure financial records are compliant with accepted accounting policies and procedures.
- Set timelines and deadlines and ensure all financial reporting deadlines are accurate and efficiently met.
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Continuously manage and support budget and forecast activities and assist hotel-based accounting leaders as required.
- Analyze and advise on hotel business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues.
- Analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures; provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Oversee all contracts and legal agreements, and assist hotel management in maintaining all licenses, permits, insurance and contracts.
- Establish and audit all internal financial controls, including purchasing, cash handling and disbursements, inventories, hotel equipment, master keys, and associates time records.
- Monitor and review for accuracy the general ledgers, balance sheet reconciliations and financial statements for all entities.
- Create and implement all hotel accounting policies and procedures to ensure consistency across all of our hotels.
- Set capital policy and oversee all capital processes, approvals and expenditures.
- Strong knowledge of financial and accounting concepts as they relate to the hotel industry.
- Organizational and clerical skills including complex math calculations and records maintenance.
- Adherence to high quality standards in all written and oral communications.
- Team player with the ability to adjust to changing situations and priorities.
- Ability to adapt to ever changing technology.
- Ability to work both independently and with others in a professional, productive and cooperative manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
Salary dependent upon experience, plus benefits including medical, long term disability, life insurance, and 401K. Please apply using this link.